The Commodities Trader is responsible for creating a competitive advantage for their assigned members by leveraging their collective power. Daily contact with members and vendors. Responsible for contributing to corporate objectives and achievements by the purchasing and marketing management of assigned products. This position is responsible for 100+ members/accounts at any given time.
- Responsible for complete account management for 100+ members/accounts
- Handle all duties related to basic trader functions including order generation, confirmations, shipment mechanics, follow-up, trace and status reports.
- While actively pursuing product and industry related knowledge, trader should proactively engage in outbound phone work designed to increase sales/production/competency.
- Minimum of 10 hours of phone time contacting dealers and or suppliers is required per week
- Communicate with membership, using print, electronic and voice means on a daily basis regarding market moves/ changes. Trader should develop a “market feel” during the first year, enough to confidently discuss same with the membership.
- Work with Traders, Outside Sales Team and Managers to foster a very clear and direct approach to the sales goals and group objectives.
- Handle all Trader / Vendor / Member issues, including conflicts, claims, late shipments etc. Resolve billing disputes and make independent decisions during the resolution with the parties involved
- Coordinate the administration of literature and sales programs.
- Establish and maintain confidential marketing, sales, and historical member files
- Prepare and monitor small department projects / spreadsheets etc. Demonstrate ’team player” attitude in department by assisting with these efforts
- Continually strive to upgrade / increase one’s knowledge base pertaining to our products, business and industry. Contact with suppliers is essential to gaining product knowledge.
- Travel to shows, dealers, and vendors as required
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- At least 3 years of experience in the sales field and experience in buying
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Building Materials industry experience
- College Degree
- Experience with quoting, purchasing, estimating, and telemarketing