The Member Sales Manager will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and establishing a customer base of accounts within an assigned territory. The MSM delivers strategic selling techniques and presentations to small, medium and large audiences within the lumber and building materials industry. Key roles of the MSM will be to establish, cultivate and maintain strong regional development initiatives through continuous relationship building and follow up procedures within existing and new accounts of the company.
- Identify, pre-qualify and close new accounts within the company’s annual assigned goal guidelines. Promote company’s new customer Orientation process
- Responsible for account management and program/billing conversions with existing accounts in his/her perspective territory.
- Perform weekly overnight travel (4 days per week) setting up all travel and hotel arrangements to effectively manage his/her time and meeting locations with new and existing customers.
- To act as the company’s “eyes and ears” in the assigned region; gathering local market intelligence and disseminating all pertinent information to the home office.
- Support and work with the company’s management staff on special promotions, product specials, marketing initiatives and market updates within the assigned region.
- Analyze and evaluate complex situations; recommend and implement effective improvements to compliment the company’s strategic initiative.
- Communicate effectively with the Executive and Management teams, and sales staff on various issues regarding existing and future business opportunities.
- Develop long term and continually strengthen relationships with outside vendor partners. Develop strategies with vendors to gain business from competitive situations and work with company staff to maintain new business.
- Develop, maintain and increase participation with regional Pool Group opportunities and round table discussion groups. Work with management team on product offerings based on current customer needs and current volume incentive needs of the company. Work with the Chairman/Vice Chairman of each group within your territory to identify specific meeting locations in order to maintain consistent involvement with all group participants. Identify local meeting venues as well as vendor partner sponsors to ensure the meetings run as smooth as possible.
- Be familiar with internal administrative processes IE, ECAT, E-Invoicing member services etc.
- Maintain and frequently manage assigned yearly budget and expenditures.
- Maintain company vehicle, computer and other assigned company equipment in a proper and good working condition.
- Develop and maintain weekly, monthly and yearly travel schedules.
- Maintain weekly call reports/member visit highlights for trading staff and management.
- Work trade show booths and various home builder show booths as needed (basic booth setup knowledge is required).
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- At least 3 years of experience in the outside sales field
- Advanced sales and closing techniques to include Needs Based Selling
- Valid driver license
- Driving record that is acceptable according to company standards
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College degree strongly preferred
- Building Materials or Construction industry experience