Division: Building Products
Reports to: Director of Building Products
The Millwork Department Manager is responsible for leading and managing the Millwork team within the Building Products Division. The Millwork Department Manager needs to have a sound business understanding to be able to develop business plans and operating budgets, to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace and to make independent decisions that will support the overall sales growth and objectives of LBM Advantage. Responsibilities include identifying, analyzing, developing and aggressively implementing new sales and marketing strategies and member/vendor relationship development. Additionally, this person may have a group of accounts assigned to them to manage on a daily basis.
- General management and involvement in product group sales functions and administrative processes.
- Provide leadership, direction, and motivation to Millwork Traders and Coordinator that are direct reports by actively communicating company vision, mission, and business plans. Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Manage the performance of direct reports and provide them with development opportunities. Guide direct reports on effective performance management, employee development and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop overall strategy and direction with the team to effectively work together in achieving sales goals.
- Handle all Trader / Vendor / Member issues, including conflicts, claims, late shipments etc. Resolve billing issues and make independent decisions during the resolution with the parties involved.
- Maintain viable relationships with select LBM Advantage vendors/members to attract stronger programs, sales volumes, and offerings.
- Communicate with membership, using print, electronic and voice means daily regarding market moves / changes. Ensure that the Millwork Team is doing the same.
- Continually strive to upgrade / increase the Millwork team’s knowledge base pertaining to our products, business strategies and industry.
- Hold brief weekly meetings to set the agenda and strategies for the team.
- Manage the staff’s PTO in the company system.
- Perform mid-year and annual performance reviews on the department staff.
- Develop and implement sales plans that identify and analyze new opportunities to grow and expand market penetration, supply channels, and product sales.
- Maintain open lines of communication with members and vendors.
- Manage vendor relations with all National Account Representatives and Executives.
- Monitor the performance of vendor programs. Manage, negotiate, and update vendor programs annually.
- Research and cultivation of new vendors and product lines.
- Responsible for group budget and P & L.
- Communicate and visit regularly with members and vendors.
- Overnight Travel to include member and vendor visits, trade shows, and regional meetings.
- Perform all other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Independent Thought Processes
- Relationship Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Results Driven
- The Department Manager role supervises all employees in the Millwork Department. This position is responsible for the performance management and hiring of employees within their individual group.
- This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, fax machines, and filing cabinets.
- This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 40 hours per week
- This position requires approximately 25% travel. Out of the area and overnight travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience:
- At least 5 years of related experience, including direct sales success and account management experience
- At least 2 years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing a field sales/account management organization working with a varied customer base.
- Industry related experience
Please fill out the Application:
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.